If you aren’t looking at mobility solutions, why are you ignoring this opportunity? Consider these statistics:
- 81% of Americans now own smartphones. (Pew Research)
- 17% of U.S. adults use smartphones as their only online access at home. (Pew
- Over 65% of all Internet queries emanate from mobile devices, primarily smartphones.
These three statistics underscore the fact that the shift to mobile devices is significant and you ignore it to your detriment. In terms of fishing where the fish are, adopting a well-structured mobility strategy is one of the best ways to keep you in front of your clients where they are spending their time – on mobile devices.
Equally important is the opportunity that mobility holds for transforming your operations by utilizing the mobile workforce you didn’t know you had – your employees who carry smartphones with them. They are often willing and eager to use mobility in the workplace if given the chance.
A 2015 article on forbes.com summarized a lengthy report titled The Mobile Revolution: How Mobile
Technologies Drive A Trillion-Dollar Impact. Three of the key takeaways are worth noting here.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) who adopt mobile technologies to stay connected with customers and streamline operations are growing revenue 2X faster and developing 8X more jobs than follower and laggard SMEs
- 82% of SMEs who are leaders in mobile adoption say that mobile technologies are giving them greater flexibility and agility in connecting with customers.
- Mobile leaders are seeing up to 50% of all searches for their businesses from mobile devices.
Given the benefits mobility solutions deliver, procrastination in adoption will only place more distance between you and those who have figured out how to make it work in their favor. Start fishing where the fish are. We are here to help you tackle the transition to the new normal that mobility represents and the challenges it creates for those who fail to adapt to it.